Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas and New Year


The last topper for 2009 was this one! He's from Australia and a professional thai boxer and the bride wanted him to have a black eye - lol! The wedding is to take place on the beach, hence the waves, shells and palm tree in the background.

We are just a few hours away from 2010 and I for one will not be sad to see the back of 2009!

Christmas day was spent at my daughter's with the whole family which was really lovely and its just going to be me and hubby seeing in the new year - thats if we manage to stay awake!

I'm hoping that 2010 will be 'the' year for me inasmuch I am breaking into wedding fayres and advertising in a wedding magazine, whoo hooo! It's about time I broke away from just the internet and let all those non internet users know I'm around and what I can offer.

From March till October is my crazy time and I'm really quite slow during the other three months and its those ones that I'm hoping to get filled in my diary so I have no gaps left. Although sometimes I welcome it as it gives me a chance to catch up with other stuff that usually gets pushed aside because time is not on my side.

I am trying to build up an assortment of cake toppers that I can use on my display table - so far I have managed to make 4 brides and 2 grooms - must get busy doing more! My daughter has offered to help me build two portfolios along with leaflets and order forms and I must remind myself to order new business cards!

Need to also get myself a couple of fake cakes and was thinking of getting those styrofoam (or however it is you spell it!) circles and decorating with ribbons and flowers for the toppers to be placed on.

So onwards and at em!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!

1 comment:

Kaz Hall said...

Happy new year to you too, your toppers are fantastic looking forward to seeing what you make next year

best wishes

kazx