Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wedding Fayres done in February

I managed to get two wedding fayres done in February.  The first one was not a good one for anybody because it was not advertised and placed in the middle of nowhere with no signs stating there was a wedding fayre even on!   All of the suppliers that I spoke to told me not to be disheartened as they were not all like this and to put it down to experience.

The second one was a week later and I was more positive only to be shot down on waking up to a blanket of deep and dangerous snow which turned out to be one of the main reasons that not a lot of people came through the doors. 

Those that did come showed a lot of interest and a quite a few of my leaflets and business cards were picked up so fingers crossed I get some feedback from them.

I think if its taught me anything on wedding fayres it made me realise that its not really worth the time and effort doing the smaller ones and I was advised to spend the money wisely on table space and only do one or two of the big ones once a year!  This advise I think I will follow.

Doing the wedding fayres did give me experince in setting up and displaying my table and I feel that next time I will be more relaxed and able to set up with the minimum of fuss and time. so not all was wasted!

Pauline :)

3 comments:

Ra Ra Bazaar said...

That is such a lovely set up!!
Hope some real good comes form them.

Shpangle said...

Lovely table display...but what is that mask on the wall behind your table !!!

Pauline@WeddingTreasures said...

Lol.. I never noticed the mask behind me to be honest! I'm not even sure if it is a mask because they were all over the room. I thought it was some type of flower arrangements.

The venue is very famous for indian weddings so it could be something along those lines.

Thanks for comments on my layout.. I did a practise run on my dining room table the week before and was pretty pleased with how it came out.

Pauline :)